Room and Board Scholarships for International Students: Turn your ambition into achievement with the help of the Room and Board Scholarships. The scholarship programme is organized by the University of California, Berkeley.
The purpose of the scholarship program is to offer students who demonstrate financial need an opportunity to experience, firsthand, cultures from all over the world while enabling international students to learn about the ethnic and economic diversity in the United States.
The University of California, Berkeley is a public research university located in Berkeley, California. Founded in 1868, Berkeley is the oldest of the ten research universities affiliated with the University of California system and is often cited as the top public university in the United States and around the world.
Why study at the University of California, Berkeley? Their mission is to foster intercultural respect and understanding, lifelong friendships, and leadership skills for a more just and peaceful world.
- Application Deadline: The application will be open from October 15th- November 15th, 2021.
- University or Organization: University of California, Berkeley
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Room and board
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Full-time, upper-division, or graduate students who are accepted and registered into a degree-seeking program at UC Berkeley.
- Demonstrated financial need
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
How to Apply
- How to Apply for the Room and Board Scholarships for International Students: Applicants can apply online to take admission in the undergraduate degree programme via the student application portal MAP @Berkeley
- Supporting Documents: Students should refer to their transcript(s) as they fill out the application to ensure the information they enter is accurate.
- Admission Requirements: The university requires either completion of the two-year A-level program with a minimum of three academic exams, the IB diploma program, or another similar academic curriculum.
- Language Requirement: You can demonstrate proficiency by taking one of these exams and earning the required scores:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 80 or better (Berkeley prefers 100)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5
- Duolingo English Test (DET) with a minimum score of 115
The University of California, Berkeley will provide the room and board for students in the USA.