Esterbrook Merit Awards at Harvey Mudd College, USA: Build the kind of competence required to be a global professional with the help of the Esterbrook Merit Awards. Applications are accepted by the Harvey Mudd College for the academic year 2022-2022.
The Esterbrook Merit Award is established for first-year applicants towards an undergraduate degree programme at HMC funded by the Mildred E. and Harvey S. Mudd Foundation and the Caryll Mudd and Norman F. Sprague Jr. Foundation. Talented incoming first-year students are deemed eligible for this award worth $10,000.
Harvey Mudd College is a private college in Claremont that is a part of the Claremont Colleges and is focused on science and engineering. It is ranked 28th National Liberal Arts Colleges while helping students excel in their fields with a clear understanding of the impact of their work on society.
Why choose to study at the Harvey Mudd College? HMC seeks to educate engineers, scientists, and mathematicians well versed in all of these areas and in the humanities and the social sciences. It greatly focuses on experiential and interdisciplinary learning and nurturing and developing students as a whole person.
- Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Harvey Mudd College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $10,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All international and home country students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree programmes taught at HMC are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be identified as exceptionally talented students in the incoming first-year class.
- The applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 by the conclusion of each spring term for renewal purposes.
How to Apply
- How to Apply for the Esterbrook Merit Awards at Harvey Mudd College, USA: Students need to use Common or Coalition applications in order to apply at HMC. Every first-year applicant will automatically be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- School Report and Counsellor Recommendation by your counselor
- Teacher Recommendation from a math or science teacher
- Teacher Recommendation from humanity, social sciences, or art teacher
- Official High School Transcript
- College/University Transcript
- An additional essay and short answer response
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required must submit all necessary documents at the time of application.
- Language Requirement: International students must demonstrate proficiency in English.1,2 English proficiency can be demonstrated by taking one of three exams:
- Duolingo English Test (DET)– only the 160-point version
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)– the iBT, the iBT Home Edition, the Paper-based Test
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic
The scholars selected for the Esterbrook Merit Award will be given $10,000, renewable up to 4 years, by HMC.