International PhD Scholarships in Genomic Analysis: Interested aspirants are invited to become a part of the International PhD Scholarships in Genomic Analysis of Mechanisms of Adaptive Evolution offered at the University of Queensland.
The main purpose of this programme is to provide financial support for those eligible students who are going to take part in a PhD degree at the University of Queensland.
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is regarded as one of Australia’s most prestigious institutions. It provides a variety of support services and orientation activities to ensure that you have the greatest possible learning experience.
Why study at the University of Queensland? As a result of the university’s emphasis on teaching excellence, students obtain additional national teaching honors. Students will be taught in a tough yet motivating manner throughout the academic year.
- Application Deadline: November 15, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: $28,854 per annum (2022 rate), indexed annually
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic students and international students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree coursework in Agriculture and Environment, Science and Mathematics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, you need one of the following approved degrees to apply for a PhD:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree); or
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent; or
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean; or
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis; or
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply for the International PhD Scholarships in Genomic Analysis: In order to apply for the scholarship, applicants must take admission in a PhD degree programme at the University of Queensland. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants need to meet the entry requirements of the programme.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The University of Queensland will offer $28,854 per annum (2022 rate), indexed annually to domestic and international students.