International Scholarships In New Zealand
Do you wish to acquire more educational degree in New Zealand? Well, let me tell you that New Zealand is a citadel for quality education and you’ll no doubt enjoy your stay there while learning. The International Scholarships In New Zealand is open to all international students willing to study in New Zealand for 2022/2023 academic year.
According to the QS university world ranking, New Zealand universities ranks among the top 3 percent of best colleges across the world. This is why you’re guaranteed of quality education in New Zealand.
However, to study in New Zealand as an international student, you can apply for scholarships in New Zealand to help you achieve your dream of obtaining your desired degree in New Zealand.
This article has list the top 5 international scholarships in New Zealand. Read on to know more.
How to be Eligibility for New Zealand scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Be an international student
- Be on the academic merit class; that is hold an ‘A’ average or equivalent in their studies to date
- Meet the requirements for entry into a research based doctoral degree programme at a New Zealand university
- Provide An Educational Credential Evaluation (ECE) Certificate
- Provide evidence that contact has been made with the relevant department of their chosen institution and discussed their proposed research, research interests and the availability of appropriate supervision
- Prove English language proficiency
International scholarships in New Zealand
The Victoria University of Wellington awards Tongarewa scholarships to international students to study in New Zealand. The scholarship is aimed at helping students become the best in their field of study.
The scholarship is awarded to brilliant students who not only are good academically but also have good extra curricular background.
The Tongarewa scholarship is open to international students who wish to pursue Bachelor’s or Masters degree at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand.
This scholarship is valued at NZD 5,000 to NZD 10,000. The amount covers partial tuition fees and is applicable only for one year of study.
Student accomodation is also guaranteed. Note that you’ll have to submit an application for accomodation.
To be eligible for this scholarship,
- You must be applying for admission into an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- You must have been accepted by the university and should have received a letter of acceptance from the university before applying for this scholarship.
- It should be your first time of applying/ studying at a New Zealand university.
- You must show academic excellence in your previous studies.
University Of Auckland Doctoral Scholarships
This scholarship is specifically for students who wish to acquire a doctorate degree. So if you’re looking for a place to do your doctoral studies, you can apply for the university of Auckland scholarship
It is awarded to international students on the basis of academic excellence. It is valued at $28,500 per year and covers tuition fees and international health insurance.
You’ve only got to possess an excellent academic record to apply for this scholarship. It is scheduled for a period of 36 months.
The New Zealand Government Scholarships
This is a scholarship from the government of New Zealand to help produce professionals who will eventually contribute to the society.
However, note that when applying for this scholarship, ensure you’re applying for a course that alligns with the need of your home country.
This scholarship is open to students from abroad who wish to acquire an undergraduate or postgraduate degree. It is open to students from Africa, Asia, Latin America, Pacific, Caribbean and the commonwealth countries.
Some of the courses may include agriculture, private sector development, disaster risk management, public sector development and so on.
Eligibility for New Zealand Government Scholarships
- Candidate must be 18 years or older while applying for the New Zealand government scholarships.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for this scholarship, however, candidates who are within 40 years of age are preferred.
- You must be ready to comply with the terms and conditions of the New Zealand student visa requirements.
- Before applying for this scholarship, you must have already choose your field of study and the course. However, you must meet the basic requirements of the university you’re applying to.
- You must also prove your English proficiency by outscoring the standardised English proficiency tests
- You must also agree to return to your home country for a minimum period of 2 years. In addition, you must agree to contribute to your country’s socio-economic development; it is one of the requirements of the scholarship.
New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships
This is a scholarship program for students who belong to the Association of South East Asian. This means students from the Southeast Asian countries who wish to pursue their higher education in New Zealand are eligible to be offered the New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships. This scholarship is offered to help the students make great development in their home country.
Who is eligible for the New Zealand ASEAN Scholarship?
You can only apply for the New Zealand ASEAN Scholarship if you meet the requirements below.
- You must be 18 years of age when the scholarship commences.
- You should be a citizen of a SouthEast Nations or a permanent resident.
- You must agree to return to your home country for at least a period of 2 years after you have completed the scholarship program.
- You must meet the general academic requirements of the university or college you are applying to.
Quick Note: Only the students who have been granted the scholarship must take English Proficiency Tests (EPTs) if required.
- If you’re applying into any PhD course, you must look for a supervisor before applying for the scholarship; it’s a major requirements for application into a PhD course.
- Relevant work experience is a must for postgraduate courses. This means relevant work experience in related field of your course of study or you want to apply for. You must be able to explain the relationship between your working experience and the course you have applied for.
- You must either have 1 year full-time work experience in a related field or 2 years of part time work experience in a related field.
What does the scholarship include?
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly Living allowance
- Medical and travel insurance
- Initial expense allowances (deposits, application fees, etc.)
- Thesis and research work Assistance as well as costs for research students
The above listed international scholarships in New Zealand are open to students abroad to pursue undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree.
Note that the scholarships are awarded based on academic merits. It covers tuition fees, living allowance, travel allowance, health insurance allowance, establishment allowance, and book & thesis allowance.
For more opportunities